Is an affiliation of leaders who work together to ensure, that the children in India have access to high-quality early childhood education, nurturing care and experiences designed to simulate a child’s development in all key developmental areas.”
That a high-quality early childhood program includes five, critical components:
- Provides a well-rounded curriculum that supports all areas of development
- Addresses child health, nutrition, and family needs as part of a comprehensive service network
- Assesses children to enhance student learning and identify concerns
- Employs well-educated, adequately paid teachers
- Provides small class sizes and low teacher-child ratios
FACTORS THAT EFFECT
Mission 1825 ECE recognizes that the effectiveness of an early childhood program is dependent upon a number of factors:
- A quality staff
- An appropriate environment
- Consistent scheduling
- Parental involvement
- Proper grouping practices
High Quality ECE
Mission 1825 ECE also recognizes additional characteristics of a high-quality early education program:
- A balance between individual, small group, and large group activities.
- A balanced schedule that does not result in rushed or fatigued children.
- A clear statement of goals and a comprehensive philosophy that addresses all areas of child development.
- A strong foundation in language development, early literacy, and early math.
A FEW MORE
- Access to a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment, along with the supervision and guidance of competent, caring adults.
- Engages children in purposeful learning activities and play, which is instructed by teachers who work from lesson and activity plans.
- Nutritious meals and snacks.
- Teachers and staff who regularly communicate with parents and caregivers.
- Teachers who frequently check children’s progress.